View Single Post
Old 02-07-2011, 03:46 PM
redquilter

Originally Posted by Japonica
Originally Posted by Rachel
I'm sure others here have much more experience than I do, but reducing the thread and needle size will reduce the overall size some, but I think you're wanting to make it considerably smaller. Like comparing a lap quilt to a mini quilt almost... am I reading that right? if that's the case, you will have to reduce the number of stitches. Which pattern are you using?
A shell stitch. I didn't want to do just single or double crochet, I wanted to do a pattern to make it more fun and grown up for the GD's
I think you can do the shell stitch, but obviously if your directions are for a full size afghan and call for, let's say, an initial chain of 200 - you aren't going to do that amount for a doll quilt even if you are using a thin thread and smaller hook. Can you figure out if the pattern uses multiples of 3 or 4 or whatever and then reduce accordingly? Hmmm, now that I'm reading what I wrote, I don't think what I'm trying to say is coming across. If you want to PM me the pattern instructions I'll see if I can figure something out. It's hard to give advice without actually seeing what we're talking about.