View Single Post
Old 02-07-2011, 04:10 PM
The Creative Seamstress

I wouldn't pay your mother any mind. Some people just cannot be happy for someone - because they for whatever reason are not happy themselves. Every method you are using to accomplish your quilts are one of several methods any one of us on here could employ to finish a quilt, all without machine sewing. If sewing/quilting makes you happy - and your methods are in line with working with what you have for the time being, and it makes you happy being able to complete the quilt - she has ZERO business telling you what you should and should not do.

(IMHO) - Unless you are borrowing any sort of money from her to buy your supplies etc, or are starving any children you may have to support your quilting habit (which I'm sure isn't likely the case) you're a big girl that can do what she pleases with her income and quilt in whatsoever manner she sees fit. As for your mother - she has not a single iota of say in how you spend your personal income (whatever its source). Who made her the quilting police?!? Furthermore - If she herself has any experience quilting, and has personally owns a sewing machine, then perhaps she should be offerring you some time on her machine, or offering to do it for you. However, on the flip side - if she doesn't have any quilting/sewing experience, but is instead basing her opinions and regurgitating what she knows from reading a book/magazine/or simply buying or being gifted a quilt, then she doesn't need to contribute commentary on a subject she knows nothing about. Sorry, I don't pull any punches. ;)

Explosive blessings, abundance and inspiration to you all!
- The Creative Seamstress