Thread: Super Bolt Sale
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2011, 04:14 PM
laalaaquilter

Originally Posted by quiltinghere
Originally Posted by laalaaquilter
Have to share what a great time I had with friends at LQS at their 'Super Bolt Sale' on Super Bowl Sunday. They do this every year. Another reason to LOVE football ;-). Got over $240 worth of fabric for less than $75. Told my husband that Valentine's Day is taken care of...all he needs to do now is get a card ;-). I will post picture of my bolts as soon as I get DH to get it off my phone (I am tech challenged)
How did the Super Bolt Sale work? Percentage off the rest of the bolt?
Sort of. They took all the bolts from the sale room into the class room and set them on tables with the tables marked $5, $10, $15, $20, and $25 based on the amount left on the bolt and the original price of the bolt. How they chose which bolts I'm not sure but I guess it may have been by date (closing out older fabrics) or those they could no longer re-order. (not that I'd be wild to use a fabric from 2 different bolts unless they were the same dye lot). We got there towards the end of the day so they had done another mark down, to $3, $5, $10, $15, and $20.

I've got the picture now,,,the red/white closest to me was over 13 yds for $20. I haven't measured the blue one in front exactly. It is almost as thick as the red for the same price. The yellow is a Mary Stewart. Fruit Ladies. I think it is supposed to be pineapple. Was only $5!!! I noted that the green/red bolt was on the $20 table but had less than half the yardage of the red and they marked it down to $10 (I personally think someone had just laid the bolt down on the wrong table). Anyways, I think I made out handsomely!!

Super Bolt Sale Haul
[ATTACH=CONFIG]83920[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-83915.jpe