View Single Post
Old 02-07-2011, 06:02 PM
seweasy

Hi! Linda, Sorry for the short note on Sat, I'm getting over the flu and it had gotten the best of me.
I know the other forums doyoueq and EQclub are great but they are so focused on the newer versions that there is no discussion about EQ5. Penny, on doyoueq, has been great to answer questions for me but there is no one else posting anything about 5.
I'm not thoroughly convinced that upgrading is in my best interest. Of all the new features that 6&7 offer, I think the one that I would enjoy most is having the ability to import embroidery designs into the quilt design; otherwise from what I've read about the newer versions that take quilting to a level that I'm not sure I would ever ready to do. I'm still a beginner and still about basic quilting!
I suppose I hoping to find someplace where EQ5 was still used by some and where I could still learn some things about it through their experiences . And maybe on occasion, I might be able to help someone who has lost interest in the software, to give it another try.
Hope the winter hasn't been too bad in your part of Canada? We've had one of the coldest in a very long time, even for Alabama! Take care, Chris