Old 02-07-2011, 06:48 PM
fryguymoore

Originally Posted by fireworkslover
Originally Posted by fryguymoore
I am completely incapable of doing this :( :( :( :( :(

This will be the first quilt I have gotton half way done and then threw in the trash.

I considered adding cubes but I don't think that will help and I don't want to put even more effort into such an ugly quilt.

I can't tell whick blocks are dark and which are light, so my daughter tried to salvage this.

Is there any hope? Do you have any suggestions on how to fix this?
What about putting all the reddish ones together more in the center but sort of have them in a diagonal, then all the orange ones in a clump at the outside, then the caramel ones and then the lighter ones (with lots of white) after that and joining back up with the orange ones. Sometimes it helps to just totally change them around. I find it also helps to blend one color into the next if you have some hex's that have both colors in them, in this area: like red and orange in the spot where the mostly red stops and in between where the mostly orange start. Does this make sense?
I tried to try this, it still isn't right, but it is closer.

The cube I stuck in there isn't the right size. It is actually a block from I swap I am in. I have to send it back. I think it looks kind of neat. I am going to try to make some smaller cubes. Then I will spend some more time forcing my family members to move the blocks around. I seem to be able to see what it wrong but I can't see how to fix it!!!

A random cube
[ATTACH=CONFIG]118366[/ATTACH]

The lastest arrangement
[ATTACH=CONFIG]118392[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-118361.jpe   attachment-118387.jpe