Old 02-07-2011, 09:07 PM
kwendt

Originally Posted by vintagemotif
If you recall from all that note taking and reading of this thread, Purplefiend (Sharon) and I have Singers with solid wheels in treadles. Sharon has her Singer 237 (link to a 237 http://reocities.com/Heartland/estat...g_sing237.html) and I have my 201.

I got my idea to use my 201 this way from Sharon's posts. I would just try it out to see if it works. That is what I did. Best idea, that and Sharon's suggestion of dental floss to hold treadle belt instead of the staple. Thank you Sharon!
Humbly thanking you for the link, the info... I do have the dental floss thing in my book, honest. I'm not askin about the 201, I know you can do that. I saw your picture and that made me want to get a treadle 201!! Down here, that's gonna take a LONG while. But then I was looking at my poor old, non reverse 66-6, and thought... well.... until I find a 201, what if I found a treadle cabinet and put THAT in it? It's got a different handwheel. Wasn't sure it could be done, and what is the limiting factor? Spokes? That doesn't make sense. Belt race? or Belt race in a certain place?

Thanks to purplefiend and VM for giving me the heads up that an electric belt race will work for a treadle belt. Thanks guys. So now, if I happen to see a treadle cabinet, I might pick that up too. We'll see! Thanks!