View Single Post
Old 02-08-2011, 09:03 AM
Hen3rietta

Originally Posted by seweasy
I know the other forums doyoueq and EQclub are great but they are so focused on the newer versions that there is no discussion about EQ5. Penny, on doyoueq, has been great to answer questions for me but there is no one else posting anything about 5.
I'm not thoroughly convinced that upgrading is in my best interest. Of all the new features that 6&7 offer, I think the one that I would enjoy most is having the ability to import embroidery designs into the quilt design; otherwise from what I've read about the newer versions that take quilting to a level that I'm not sure I would ever ready to do. I'm still a beginner and still about basic quilting!
I suppose I hoping to find someplace where EQ5 was still used by some and where I could still learn some things about it through their experiences . And maybe on occasion, I might be able to help someone who has lost interest in the software, to give it another try.
Hi Chris,
Just because so many of us have upgraded is no reason not to ask questions relating to V5/6 in this forum. Most of the underlying protocols have not changed, EQ has just upgraded what I would call the fine tuning controls (like being able to move fabric around to "fussy cut") and provided some useful but unnecessary add-ons in other areas. I still have my outsource manuals for EQ5 that I delve into when I need an answer even though I am using v7. And I absolutely agree that you should stick to v5 until you decide if you like using it and only upgrade if v6/7 does something that you will actually use. For me it made sense, but it is a financial commitment.
Diana