Old 02-08-2011, 09:08 AM
vintagemotif

Originally Posted by kwendt
Originally Posted by vintagemotif
Here is another 201 with potted motor in not as pretty a cabinet as the Queen Anne and they are asking more.

http://orlando.craigslist.org/atq/2138487418.html
VM... thanks! There's a 201-2 north of me by about 1.5 hours (closer than orlando to me and a less hectic drive). They want $150 for it, it's in the cabinet 40, but also has the matching bench. I'm headed up that way to get the trapazoid 301 today... I might take a look at it. They've had it listed for sale since early December, maybe even longer.

I'm still hoping for a great steal deal... like a $35 garage sale, portable 201!!!! (I think it was Nancy? or maybe Brenda that found that recently! Gosh!!!) lol... sometimes I think the HUNT :mrgreen: IS the fun part!!!
Kim, The 201s are not portable machines. These ladies are solid (and run smooth). The one that is in the Queen Anne cabinet on CL is the machine to go for first, since it is rare to find a 201 with an external motor in the US. Most here in the States are 201 with potted motor.

I do hope someone who is looking for an excellent machine to use in a treadle goes after this 201 in the Queen Anne cabinet. This is a great deal at $100.