Old 02-08-2011, 09:47 AM
QuiltingHiker

Originally Posted by knlsmith
Hello, I have had this cute spring fabric for a long time. I want to make something out of it and use the leftovers for purses.

I was kind of thinking a carpenter star. The yellow on the left is what I was going to use for background.

But i am not completely sold on the idea. would love to hear some others. BUT I don't want to do a D9P or turning twenty or yellow brick road. I want something with a little challenge, but not impossible. :) I have included a pic of a carpenter star I like. I copied it in black and white so the colors wouldn't be distracting. i do this with a lot of patterns. Helps a bunch.

Here is a CW that I am currently working on. Like your pattern there are no y seams, which makes it much easier. Is your pattern a Marti Mitchell? I have found this to be going pretty smooth. You should give it a try. I am turning mine on point and working the pattern out to the four corners.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-96693-1.htm

I notice there are no y seams. Is this a Marri Mitchell pattern. I am working on one of her Carpenter Stars right now. See:
I am ironing and starching the fabric maybe it will talk to me. LOL

Thanks so much for the help!