View Single Post
Old 12-30-2008, 05:37 AM
Roben

Another Embird fan here! I've used it since I got my first embroidery machine a few years ago. It works well for me because I have Vikings and a Brother, and it will write the media for all of the machines :-) I've played with the higher-end digitizing programs, and I think Embird is better and at a way better price. Updates are free, and the last upgrade was $15.

It looks a bit complicated, but doesn't take long to get used to and there is a ton of user support out there - tutorials, and a Yahoo group that will be able to walk you through whatever you need to do. Carolyn Keber does some great tutorials, and you can earn free designs by purchasing the program and/or her tutorials from Secrets of: http://www.secretsof.com/content/1798 (plus the program is a bit cheaper here!)

One word of caution: some programs talk about being able to 'auto-digitize' - don't believe it. There are so many variables, auto-digitizing rarely works well, and if you don't know how to fix it you'll be frustrated beyond belief. JMHO!