Old 02-09-2011, 07:20 AM
Weedwoman

Originally Posted by BoJangles
Originally Posted by vintagemotif
You had fun yesterday! I like them both. Fusing makes those curve pieces so much more easier and fun to work with. I want to try a quilt as you go block. Some friends have tried it and liked working with one block over having to wrestle with a large quilt. Very pretty quilts!
Thank you guys for the compliments! Quilt As You Go is a fun way to use your treadles or even the electric vintage machines. You are only working with one block at a time to quilt, but when I finish 4 blocks (the blocks are 17"s square), then you still have to do a little wrestling to attach them to the sashing. Not like trying to quilt a queen sized quilt, though, and wrestle the whole thing just to quilt it! I have done that many a time! The really neat thing about the way I did these blocks is your blocks don't have to all measure the exact same thing! When you use the back ground, attach it to all sides and put the blocks on point, wacky, then square each one up to 17 1/2"s, no one ever knows your blocks didn't all measure exactly 12 1/2 inches to start with! Love it!

The really neat thing about this is that you can make a completely reversible quilt. Here I am using flannel on the back to make a comfort quilt, but I have done one completely reversible.

Nancy
Oh sorry about the pink, orange, and yellow stickies! I have to number the blocks to make sure they stay wacky!
Nancy, is this quilt in a book that can be bought? I love it and would love to make it for my soon to be grand daughter (gonna marry my oldest grandson) Any info would be greatly appreciated. I love star quilts. Thanx