Old 02-09-2011, 09:47 AM
The Creative Seamstress

Hello everyone! I am very pleased to announce a Pincushion swap for the month of March 2011! (I'm Super EXCITED)!

This thread will serve as the official "conversational" thread forum for the discussion of this swap . I am your Host, The Creative Seamstress.

****PLEASE READ ALL RULES OF THE SWAP PRIOR TO SENDING ME YOUR SIGN UP PM FORM!****

Swap Title: Pincushions, March 2011
Your Board Name:
Your Real Name:
Your Mailing Address:
Allergies:
Willing to Send International: Yes/No

While I realize that some of you may be experienced in these types of activities either through this or other online groups or perhaps within real life guilds, others in the group may not - so we're just going to cover a few things of interest to us all (whether newbie or veteran and regardless of skill level)... so let's get started!

***SPECIFIC RULES OF THIS SWAP:

1) Sign Up Specifics: "Sign Up" will end 03/15/2011 @ 11pm. Please do not sign up until your pincushion is finished and ready to mail. Buddies assignments will be posted online in the Group Activity Matrix for this swap (and a notification PM) by 11pm, 03/20/2011.

2) Mailing Deadline/Requirements: The Deadline to Mail your pincushion(s) is by no later than: 03/25/2011. Whether mailing domestically and/or internationally you must use a method that includes tracking and deliver confirmation. Please send me the tracking number by PM. That way I'll already have it handy in case there are any issues with reciept.

3) What's It All About: This swap is for PINCUSHIONS. There will be no set expectation of any specific theme. Members of all skill levels are invited and encouraged to join. All that is asked - is that you be as creative as possible, that you do your very best work and lastly - that you never stop having have fun!

4) You may not purchase a premade pincushion as a substitute for designing and fabricating one by your own handiwork and creation. The use of patterns (from any source - commercial or otherwise) is permissible with proper credit.

5) Inspiration: Ideas for pincushions of all kinds can be found all over the internet (i.e. Google, Yahoo, etc.) either by their "search" or "images" sections. I encourage everyone to use this as a source for inspiration but please do not infringe on anyone's copyrighted material by reproducing an idea and/or pattern without due and proper attribution and credit.

6) Due Credit: If you choose to use a design not of your own creation (i.e. a commercial pattern, a fellow crafters pattern etc.) make sure that you provide that information attached via a note sent alongside your pincushion when sending the package. You wouldn't want anyone else to use a design of your hard work and creation without proper credit and acknowledgement.

7) Pincushion Materials: All sorts of creative pincushions can be made from all sorts of materials and embellishments... (i.e. - assorted fabric types, yarns; wool rovings, cotton/polyester batting, recyclable materials, plastics, cardboard, wood, glass, tin, ceramic containers) you name it. Any combination of artistic materials and mediums may be used, so have fun with it!

8) Pincushion Filling: There's a multitude of available mediums for the stuffing of your pincushion such as: (cotton, polyester, wool fabric, yarn, sawdust, crushed walnut shells, sand and/or rice) amongst many others. As I realize that some individuals may be sensitive to some of these materials, I will ask that if you have any allergies to anything that could be potentially used as a filling that you include and disclose such information in your PM. When you mail the pincushion you made, make sure it's wrapped or bagged in plastic. The contents information should be outside that wrapping/bag so your buddy can read it before unwrapping/opening the bag. Please do not forget to do this!

9) Budget: Let's make every effort to keep all the expenses related to making the pincushion at or below $5.00. (Cost of pattern, postage or shipping are not included in the budget.)

10) Labels: No one wants to forget who made their very awesome and unique pincushion after they receive it, so please make sure to make some kind of label for it (i.e. iron on fabric on the bottom, sewn fabric tag on the bottom, PIGMA Pen signature/note on the bottom, or a side label not mounted on the pincushion in a greeting card, etc). The choice is yours.

11) Acknowledgement: By joining this Swap, you are expressly agreeing to abide by and adhere to the general Swap Forum rules (http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-20154-1.htm ) AND the rules as I have posted in this thread.

12) Host/Coordinator Courtesy: I will be serving as your Host for this Swap and I am most happy to answer any questions/concerns/comments that you may have. Asides from my active participation on this board and my many group/swap activities - I travel for work. So I please ask that you all would be kind enough to allow me a (12-36) hour response time if you PM me (or post a question to this thread directed towards me). I check my e-mails, websites etc. periodically and as often as I possibly can when I'm working. Since I travel - my hours can be very whacky sometimes depending on where I am in the world and the time zone that I am in. Thankfully internet access is relatively accessible/universal almost everywhere I go, however I don't want anyone to feel that because they did not receive a quick/rapid response that they are being ignored in any way... so I appreciate your understanding in advance.

***("Approved by Patrice J on 02/09/2011)***

**Group Activity Link: http://www.quiltingboard.com/group_a...sp?gracnum=115

Explosive blessings, abundance and inspiration to you all!
- The Creative Seamstress