View Single Post
Old 12-31-2008, 02:46 AM
fabricluvr

Originally Posted by mpeters1200

Thanks! I'll go to the library to request that book by Nancy. My first quilt ever was one of her beginner patterns. By stabilizer....is it specific to embroider or would interfacing stuff work?

I was afraid once I posted about it, I would either jinx myself or raise more questions....I wish UPS would hurry up and bring it!!
i've never tried interfacing, so i can't say. i've just always used the stabilizer that jo-anns has in rolls. it varies in stiffness, and you can also get the sticky kind and water soluble. it's specific to machine embroidery. i have read where the hooping and stabilizer process is critical. if you have issues with the outcome, it's generally issues with one of the two (or both).

there are some websites where you can buy the stabilizer in bulk, but i'm just a 'casual user' so i've picked up a little here, a little there. got the sticky and water soluble after reading nancy's book. worked great with the towels because i didn't want the hoop marks and didn't want the little loops to catch on the needle.

have fun!

oh, and here's another fun embroidery design site - not sure why the name, but some fun and inexpensive stuff

http://www.designsbysick.com/