Old 02-09-2011, 09:57 AM
grann of 6

Originally Posted by AnnieF
Wow, we have 27 pages of replies. I also am thrilled to be doing this, just to get my creative juices running again. I'm a laid back...."fly by the seat of my pants" type of scrap quilter so I've read all of the comments and I have to add...its my opinion that you are all over-thinking this pinwheel project...what is the exact size it'll come out...what is the exact number of pinwheels I'll need to make. I have a large number of 5 inch batik squares that I'm going to be using....I tried it with white fabric but think I'll go with black as a unifying fabric that'll make the pinwheels float on the quilt....but besides that, I'm just going to enjoy sitting down each night and making my pinwheel...choosing a fun looking fabric and sewing. I figure at some point, I might get bored with the project...at that time, I plan on pulling out all my completed pinwheels...putting them up on my design board, seeing what size quilt I can make with them and proceeding with it. So I say...chill out and lets just have fun doing this together.
You are my kinda girl :lol: :lol: I said this same thing a few pages back. It is supposed to be fun :!: Why make such a chore out of it? Just sew some pieces together and see what you get; that is the fun of it. That is why I liked the twisters, you don't know what you are getting till you are done.