View Single Post
Old 02-09-2011, 10:34 AM
PKWard

Thanks for the information! I knew software could be bought, but I thought maybe somethings came with the module. I need to go check it out, so I'm more knowledgeable. I really appreciate everyone's input!

Originally Posted by Cuilteanna
Originally Posted by sandpat
Paula, you know just getting the emb. module won't get you to the point that Cuilt is. You'd also have to invest in some digitizing software or find the patterns somewhere. I haven't looked on the site that is linked, but maybe she is selling her digitized patterns?
Yes, and the software can get rather expensive! She has no contact information on that site - I would love to know what settings she used for the stitches - but I wonder if learning to digitise them was part of the BOM she did at the dealer's or if the dealer gave out the designs to those in the class.

There are also issues with the hoop size, a 7" block has to be multi-hooped unless you own an 8 series with a Jumbo hoop. Even the megahoop isn't wide enough for much beyond a 6" block (luckily what my Sylvia blocks are!), and the large oval cuts the corners off too much to get a full 6" block into it.

I'd be very surprised if she could sell the designs, certainly I haven't seen them anywhere.