View Single Post
Old 02-09-2011, 11:13 AM
feline fanatic
Power Poster

While connecting threads batiks are nice I find I like the batiks from Fabric Depot and Thousands of Bolts better. They usually have Hoffman which is probably my favortie batik manufacturer, and Tonga by Timeless Treasures which runs a close second. They also have Moda batiks which are absolutely drooly gorgoeous. And the Artisan studios I just tried. Got my order last week. Also to die for. I find CT batiks to not ship true to color when compared to both my monitor picture and the catalog they ship. Not so with Fabric Depot, what I receive looks just like the shot on my monitor. Same with Thousands of Bolts.

Fabric Depot is having a faboo closeout right now with prices of $5.50 to $6 per yard. If you want to stash build with batiks I would hit this close out.
http://www.fabricdepot.com/index.php...e&pageid=19997

Also make sure you hit them when they are having a regular batik sale which is usually 30% off making the prices in the $7 P/Y price range.

Second choice is Thousands of Bolts. Again you can't beat the price for name brand batiks.

Disclaimer: I am not in any way affliliated with Fabric Depot or Thousands of Bolts. Just a very satisfied customer.