View Single Post
Old 02-09-2011, 11:54 AM
noveltyjunkie

Just reading the "quilt bummer" thread and everyone's advice to rip out pieces which seem to be thinner than the rest- predictions of the quilt falling apart, etc.

I too am working on a quilt which has different thicknesses of fabric (it's pretty scrappy). Most of them are good fabrics but I do have some pieces that have a lower thread count. I was assuming that, once it was quilted, it would all work out. It is not sashing or anything, so it is not as if the whole structure of the quilt is relying on this one fabric. (It is 24 little setting diamonds around one hexagonal block.)

Now I read all those other posts predicting how the quilt will fall to bits. I know I am a bit of a princess with my fabrics so I am just thinking- I KNOW that some people make entire quilts out of lower thread count fabrics (I did buy it as quilting fabric, but in a cheaper store). So are their quilts all falling apart? What is the story?

I am just confused. And also scared because it would be a very tricky ripping job. And even more scared because I don't want it to fall apart.