View Single Post
Old 02-09-2011, 01:26 PM
LKimball

I've been reading this board for many months now & finally decided to register. You have great topics & lots of helpful info. I'm fairly new to quilting but I've been sewing & crafting for over 40 years (yikes-I'm not that old ..??) I've done many applique & crocheted baby blankets but I've only done 1-big quilting project, 7 yrs ago for my daughter's elem school Art Quilt Project. We taught the kids to draw, paint & cut their art out of muslin and I was handed 30+ pieces of "art" (animals) to create with! "Where the Wilds Things Are" was born-- a jungle themed quilt. I put many long hours into it on a short time-frame & it sold at school auction to another family -- I missed my quilt terribly :cry: (not afraid to admit it-I think ya'll understand :lol: ). To my surprise it was given (yes, given) back to me by the auction-winner. I was so thrilled to get it I had to redecorate a guest room to hang it! I'll try to get a pic & post later. Enough about me -- glad to be a part of the group & hope to offer help where I can! Thx "Ya'll