View Single Post
Old 02-09-2011, 01:31 PM
Rose_P

Last night, knowing I was going to be on my own for lunch today, I pulled a single serving container of soup from the freezer to thaw in the fridge overnight. I found what I was pretty sure was cream of pumpkin, but the label had fallen off. I was looking forward to that hot soup on this chilly, damp winter day. When I got it out, it seemed a little pale and oddly foamy. I hadn't noticed that before, but it smelled good, so I popped it in the microwave. I didn't remember putting so much nutmeg in pumpkin soup, but sometimes I'm a little free handed with the spices and don't measure anything when making soup, so I took a sip. Not much pumpkin in there, and good grief - I surely never meant to put so much sugar in soup. Maybe next time I'll read the recipe. I wasn't paying a lot of attention - I get to read the paper at the table if I'm alone, right? Finally after about three more slurps of that "soup" I was absolutely sure it wasn't soup, but what could it be? After considerable deliberation it finally dawned: the last dab of some eggnog ice cream. If I'd known that, I might have added some rum. It was a bit different for lunch, but I have to say, hot ice cream on a winter day is a better idea than one might have expected. Now I probably ought to give some thought to using the treadmill. Nah - sewing is more fun. I wonder how many calories I burn making a doll quilt...