Old 02-09-2011, 01:34 PM
Ceil

Originally Posted by grann of 6
Originally Posted by AnnieF
Wow, we have 27 pages of replies. I also am thrilled to be doing this, just to get my creative juices running again. I'm a laid back...."fly by the seat of my pants" type of scrap quilter so I've read all of the comments and I have to add...its my opinion that you are all over-thinking this pinwheel project...what is the exact size it'll come out...what is the exact number of pinwheels I'll need to make. I have a large number of 5 inch batik squares that I'm going to be using....I tried it with white fabric but think I'll go with black as a unifying fabric that'll make the pinwheels float on the quilt....but besides that, I'm just going to enjoy sitting down each night and making my pinwheel...choosing a fun looking fabric and sewing. I figure at some point, I might get bored with the project...at that time, I plan on pulling out all my completed pinwheels...putting them up on my design board, seeing what size quilt I can make with them and proceeding with it. So I say...chill out and lets just have fun doing this together.
You are my kinda girl :lol: :lol: I said this same thing a few pages back. It is supposed to be fun :!: Why make such a chore out of it? Just sew some pieces together and see what you get; that is the fun of it. That is why I liked the twisters, you don't know what you are getting till you are done.
Just wanted to add in the "It takes all kinds department" that for some of us the planning and the math IS part of the fun! :lol: Sometimes I do just wing it and sometimes that even works!