View Single Post
Old 02-09-2011, 02:02 PM
Happy Treadler

Originally Posted by Butterflyblue
Well, I am just a beginner too, and your beginning stitches look better than my beginning stitches did. ;)

I have thimble issues too. It took me quite a while to get the hang of using a thimble, and my fingers are too large for a small thimble and too narrow for a medium thimble. I don't want to keep buying thimbles I can't use, so I make do with the small because at least it doesn't rattle around on my finger like the other one.

I like seeing everyone's hand quilting. This is exactly what I needed a couple weeks ago when I was stressing out about my stitches.

The first pic here is from my first day of hand quilting. The second is my most recent. Where the tape is is where I am currently working - the tape is to help me keep a straight line. The first row of stitches around the purple border is really large because I was using the squares on the gingham to try to make even stitches and not worry about size.
Hey Butterflyblue, I just wanted to say I think you're doing a GREAT job and definitely improving! Keep up the great work. :thumbup: