View Single Post
Old 02-09-2011, 07:20 PM
Elisabrat

This is my CHALLENGE wall hanging. I have never been more mentally challenged making anything! I cut pieces fine. I sewed more pieces on backwards than I thought possible. Finished! Great! Cut the backing, quilted it. I am quilting challenged when it comes to the real quilting. I did it! It had no bumps. The back was smooth (a miracle). I put it up to look at and went WHAT THE... I had sewn the bottom left corner on facing up not down. The entire block. Now all quilted entire block. I was ready to toss it, donate it.. never see it again. Then I regrouped. I took of the binding, took off the sashing, took out the block and an extra row because well I wasnt paying attention (GRR) and put it back together correctly. I felt good in the end but never have I used my seam ripper that much combined in all my sewing and quilting experiences. I think I might need a new one as that one is surely dull by now. Hope you enjoy it. Its hanging in my sewing room til Christmas and also to remind me to CHECK TWICE SEW ONCE from here on out (or to stick to simple patterns).
Attached Thumbnails attachment-154337.jpe   attachment-154338.jpe