View Single Post
Old 02-09-2011, 08:29 PM
Fabric Galore

Originally Posted by sandpat
Linda....I felt the exact same way when I got the book..I was so disappointed with the quality of the sewing on the blocks. But, you can look at it from 2 stand points.

1. Even though her sewing skills were...well, not the best..the quilt in itself is awesome in spite of it! So you need not be an expert applique person to make a gorgeous quilt.

or...

2. If those blocks resulted in that quilt and your applique technique will be better, than your own resulting quilt will be awesome!

i got over it and decided that I like the patterns. Period. I will put my own slant on it and move forward...look at Lesley's blocks..her quilt will be gorgeous!

So sorry to hear about your current issues...stop on back by when you have time. Sounds like you will need a little spirit lifting...we can at least do that!
I was so impressed with the overall look of the quilt that I felt really challenged. I have ordered black mirage fabric for my background and some batik fabrics plus as my user name implies I have a rather large stash of fabric. My DH keeps asking me when I am going to open a fabric shop?