View Single Post
Old 02-09-2011, 08:57 PM
Angelmerritt

Originally Posted by greenini
The vet recommended Feliway, but FON, and 75% water/25% vinegar have also worked.
Yes, UTI is likely (and you've gotten great advise on that). . . but very possible it could be stress. Either way, you need to make some changes before it becomes a habit. I recommend changing your litter to "Cat Attract" for several months before gradually going back to your regular litter. It is chemically treated to entice cats to urinate in it. I also recommend Feliway pheromones. They now come in a few different products from 600 sq ft diffusers, aerosol sprays, and recently collars. These pheromones mimic those released when a sweet/loving cat rubs its cheeks/whiskers and provide a sense of acceptance/love.
In the quote above, I think there was a misunderstanding as Feliway does not remove pet odors. Once the stained area has been treated with enzymatic cleaners (to break down the proteins in urine) the Feliway is recommended to be sprayed on the offended area to retrain the cat to smell the cheek pheromone odors and want to rub it’s face on the area, not spray his urine.
I will PM you with additional information.