View Single Post
Old 02-10-2011, 07:01 AM
sharoney

Originally Posted by jheinen
I've already started piecing a Brick Walk border and it occured to me as to how I will put the border on. I noticed on the photo of your quilt that the border appears to wrap around the corner very nicely. When adding the border, do you sew the sides on first or the top and bottom first. How did you make it all come out so well? Thanks so much for your help.
I'm embarrassed to say I just got lucky! When I started the log cabin I had a different border in mind, and then I thought of brick walk which I hadn't used in a while, and thought it would look good. So the fact that the measurements came out right was just dumb luck. I don't remember which I sewed on first, although I did use a 2" border around the outside of the log cabin, and around the outside edge of the brick walk, mainly just to make the quilt a little bigger, but it ended up framing the brick walk nicely.
However, the book that I got the pattern from-"More Lap Quilting with Georgia Bonesteel" shows the pattern as a 12"block, with 2 strips of brick walk with a strip of fabric in between them, and the bottoms and tops of the brick walk strips are cut off- incomplete strips, in other words.