Old 02-10-2011, 07:15 AM
misseva

Originally Posted by misseva
Originally Posted by susiequilt
Originally Posted by misseva
Can someone tell me how to post a pix of my pinwheels here? I've done it before but am drawing a blank now.
http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-429-1.htm
Here are the directions. I hope this helps.
OK - now I see. The only way I can post a picture here is to click on "quote reply" then I have the option of 'Browsing' and attaching a picture. Because if I just click 'Reply' I don't have that option Right? Is that how everyone else does it?
Akkkkkkkk - I JUST SAW the boo-boo in the pinwheel on upper left. HOW can I do that??? I have a picture that I go by EACH time a do a block. Oh well...rip it time. Wonder how many others I've done wrong. I'll check. Maybe pinwheels RnotME.

So---- here's a sample of the 12 pinwheels I have finished. Never worked so hard in all my life!! They're 9" and I was trying to match the size of some blocks my mother made before she died so I could put them all in a quilt. But after looking at them I decided the two patterns don't go together. The two blocks on the bottom right are mothers.

The second picture is what mother used to make her blocks. And one block that was not finished. She used a 9" tile from her kitchen remodeling, drew around it onto newspaper, cut out the paper square, and then sewed her squares onto the paper, then trimmed. Her stitching is soooo perfect.

I'd never make a quilt if I had to do it the way she did. She was 96 when she died in 2007.

Pinwheels 1
[ATTACH=CONFIG]166625[/ATTACH]

Mother's Tools
[ATTACH=CONFIG]166626[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-166620.jpe   attachment-166621.jpe