Old 02-10-2011, 08:57 AM
Bobbielinks

I don't consider myself an "organized" person, but I do need to have a clean area to work in. I set my sewing "studio" up in a triangle. My fabric stash is arranged by color in a tall bookcase, my UFO's are in another tall bookcase each project's fabric and pattern in a bag or box waiting for me, in one corner of my studio. This corner also contains my embroidery machine, embroidery threads, patterns,etc. My piecing/ironing area are set across the room near a large window. Then on the third point of the triangle which takes up the width of the room is my quilting machine, bookcases with rulers, templetes, thread, books, patterns. One short bookcase is used as my "office" with phone and office supplies.

In the middle of the room is a cutting station with a large cutting table behind which is a batting rack so I am able to pull the batting off the roll directly onto the cutting table to cut what I need.

I cut my scraps as soon as I finish cutting out a project and put the scraps in plastic pull out drawers as to size of scrap.

After each project I place any notions or tools that I used back in their place and get ready for the next project. I have found that this helps me to always know where they are.