View Single Post
Old 02-10-2011, 01:20 PM
Bev

Originally Posted by Wunder-Mar
Bev, if you live in Gainesville and are a member of the day guild (if I correctly recognize you from your photo) you could always box up what you want to divest of at the October Treasure Sale. Perhaps a good friend could sell what you wish to make money on without any "right now" hassles of shipping and payments, and send you the proceeds - at least it'd be out of your face quickly enough since time is short. You could also have an Open House, whereby guild members and friends could stop by and make an offer on what you wish to sell (add cookies and coffee and I'll bet you'd be inundated!). Just a few ideas, anyway!
Thanks Mar ... I think the "Open House" is a good idea. I wouldn't want to ask anyone to keep my stuff hanging around in their house until Oct. Boy, now that you mention it, I sure am going to miss those October treasure sales. I've picked up some great stuff over the years. BTW, I've written out directions for the event of my premature death. DH is to have a big "Quilters Only" sale and do the coffee & cookies thing. My daughters will be glad to help him, I'm sure. That way I'll know for sure that the people who get my stuff will take care of it the way I would. What do ya think, good idea?