View Single Post
Old 02-10-2011, 03:15 PM
Happy Treadler

Hi everybody,

I received my whole cloth quilt from the Stencil Company today in the mail, and I am SO excited! They were really nice to deal with, and actually gave me a break on shipping when I asked them because I live in PA, too. I just can't WAIT to start this project. I absolutely fell in love with the feathered pattern. Also really anxious to try out my new wool batting. SEW cool.

I didn't realize that the wholecloth is actually made out of 50% Bamboo/50% Cotton. I'm GUESSING that it's fine to piece with 100% cotton fabric, am I right? Also I'm happy I read the directions as the blue pre-printed lines are removed in cool water and soap will set the lines.

My question is, what type of thread should I plan on using, and if I'm doing a queen-size how much do you think I should buy? I am thinking of just staying with a neutral color since my extra blocks in this quilt will probably be just creams and tans. I just can't wait to figure out a unique design and start piecing. I do, however, have 2-3 other projects currently 'on deck'. There just isn't enough time in the day!

Trina :)