View Single Post
Old 01-01-2009, 06:28 PM
Maribeth

Hi,

I have been reading your posts and learning so much in the last few months. I wanted to say hello and thank you. It has been so helpful to read all the opinions and advice. You all have been so generous with help and information. I look forward to reading the posts when I get home each night. I don't know why it took me so long to introduce myself, I am married, and we are the dutiful servants to three very spoiled cats that we adopted from local animal rescues in the last few years.

I have always wanted to quilt and have attended shows and admired quilts for many years now. Maybe it's just time. I haven't used a sewing machine since I made a bean bag frog and a wrap-around skirt in high school 20+ years age.

So this year I purchased a Bernina 240 and a Babylock Pro Choice, along with way too many supplies for any beginner, do I really need, six books, 3 magazine subscriptions, 20 different rulers and a few hundred yards of fabric to start a quilt? I have a bad habit of overindulging when I decide to start a new project. When we decided to finish our basement I spent like $1500. just on power tools, but it does look great in here. Be prepared, that's my motto. OMG I sound like a boy scout.

I started the Planetpatchwork Mystery Quilt today. Not even close to :) finishing. Reading the posts and seeing the progress was intimidating. Quilting is way more time consuming than I thought, however it is so relaxing to just piece. I have about four quilts going now. Still in piecing stage.

I have gone on long enough. Looking forward to communicating with you all.

Happy New Year, Maribeth :)