View Single Post
Old 02-10-2011, 07:02 PM
DogHouseMom

Prior to this one all I made were pot holders and table runners. I had started a few large quilts, but alas they are still UFO's. I promised my husbands kids (3) that they would each get two quilts from me in their lifetime (at least) the first when they got their own home/flat and the second when they had their first baby (hopefully in that order :) ). Hannah, the oldest came out here to visit shortly after purchasing her first house - a pre Victorian row cottage that needed century's (literally!) of modernization (the Loo was still outdoors!). So I took her shopping and she picked this pattern and all the fabric. She had a gas picking everything!! I made the quilt and on my next trip to England I delivered it AND found out it was time to start her next quilt because she was preggers!!

I just did a simple "tic-tac-toe" grid across the whole quilt in black thread. In hindsight, I should have done the grid on the floral panels then stitched around each to "raise" the sashing and border. Then I meandered the black border with variagated yellow/red/orange thread.

My first FMQ meandering BTW.

I call this Hannah's Garden Window
Attached Thumbnails attachment-136284.jpe   attachment-136285.jpe   attachment-136761.jpe   attachment-136962.jpe