Old 02-10-2011, 08:13 PM
Gwyn

Originally Posted by karenpatrick
How did you find out who to send you UFOs and fabrics to? It's such a good idea. You're a genius to think of this. I give a lot to homeless shelters, etc. My special place to donate stuff is to families who have lost everything due to fires, floods or storms.
I ask and listen. You can go into chat when there aren't too many people and ask them to pm you suggestions. Sometimes I get a feeling about someone on a thread so I ask for their address because I have a squishy for them.

Sometimes I hear from other peo ple from my pming pals. My dear friend's secret santa recipient asked for such basic stuff, she and I shared the information. My friend sent to her at Christmas, I am sending on Valentine's day.

Also, when people are sick or down, I'll put a panel together with hanging loops and binding. Add an embroidery hoop, a couple of needles and some varigated or matching embroidery thread. All they need to do is quilt.

If you have fleece you are ready to part with, there is a free pattern on line for mittens and hats. All you need is a little 1/4" elastic. Give them to anyplace where cold fingers and ears might reside or to the Marine's toys for tots.

Be creative and generous and sneaky, Gwyn