Thread: In a tizz.
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2011, 05:55 AM
hobbykat1955

I know how you feel. But then I thought to myself...Hell I'm at an age I don't care what other's think...I'm paying for a class and advise and so are the other students.
And you will find that everyone is the class is in the same boat and your there to have FUN....your not in school having to pass a test...Even if you learn one new thing it's worth it...I love taking classes now with my attitude because I look at it as a day out with new people.
I even got up enough nerve to show some of my stuff to the owner of the QS and now I'm giving classes and believe me I'm a basic, find the easy way to do things and no presser and have fun....
Short story...took a class on turning a Sweatshirt into a patchwork jacket. Well everyone did a fab job with using 2-3 colors and made lovely jackets they could wear in public.
Me...I used every color scrap in my basket along with some trim of lace, did some machine embroideries a true crazy quilt...a coat of many colors...WhenI showed it to the teacher and class I told her she could use it as an ex: of what not to do...and we all got a good laugh. I wear it in my sewing rm on cold days....it never leaves the hse.