View Single Post
Old 02-11-2011, 07:46 PM
QuiltswithConvicts

Lesley, Thank you so much for the tute!!! I tried needleturn - once. Went right back to my freezer paper, but still prefer the machine for applique. I felt like I had 2 left hands and both were worthless!

When I actually get something going, I'll put up my method for machine applique.

I am still trying to get my plate cleared so I can devote all my efforts to AOTH. I have a workshop to give in Texas weekend after next and another one here on the 3rd Saturday in March. Both are paper pieced techniques. The Texas one is the same one I did here in September. The March one is on the Log Cabin. Since I can't do anything simply, we are going to do an off-center (or uneven) log cabin. These ladies have been quilting for years so they need some stimulation to work outside their comfort zones. It's like for the paper piecing workshop, I could have done a nice sweet, easy little block, but I did a Mariner's Compass & they all did GREAT!!! Just needed someone prodding them along and being right there to answer their questions!

The Booze quilt is finished & the quilt for our neighbor is getting quilted, gradually. I hope to finish it this weekend. Pics will follow. Once the workshop materials are all set, I can then concentrate on AOTH. Oh, my new lightbox didn't arrive today, either. So much for a birthday present.

DH is taking me for Chinese for lunch tomorrow & then I'm going to the LQS. Need to get the stuff for the log cabin workshop. I have a room full of fabric & still need to get fabric for this project! Saw a loverly color combo last night at quilt club that I'm thinking needs to be for the log cabin - a light goldy beige, plums & a very pretty avacado green color. Will look for that.