View Single Post
Old 02-11-2011, 08:30 PM
BellaBoo
Power Poster

I go every year. It's about 5-6 hour drive for me. I get a hotel out of Paducah since I have the car. I park in Hancock's or the tent grounds and ride the shuttle bus everywhere. But driving and parking is never a problem if I chose to drive place to place. I'll be there Thursday about noon and stay until Sat. noon. I go alone. I just don't like having company at this quilt show. I want to do what I want when I want, go back two times or six times to a vendor booth, watch a demo one time or a dozen. Eat when I want and touch every bolt in Hancock's and look at every book piled on the sale table. I never get lonely there! There are quilters to talk to where ever you go. I love sitting on Hancock's porch chatting with the quilters from all over.

Don't forget to go to the quilt vendors in the mall and the stores downtown, they are set up everywhere. When you see a big yellow sign that says Fabric Sale, go in. It's a great bargain shop from a small quilt shop in a nearby town. Quilt in a Day has two places, the quilt store and the big tent show and sale. Too much to do and see in one day that's for sure.