View Single Post
Old 02-11-2011, 10:19 PM
Jim's Gem

It is done arthroscopically, I only have 2 holes in my knee. It only takes a little while, You'll be home in a couple of hours. I only used my crutches to take some of the weight off my leg the first day, my shoulders are as such that I cannot use crutches fully. The first several days you will want to keep it elevated and iced. If you can get a "polar care" type unit, those are great, then you can just hook it up and sit and watch TV or read. I'd give it 5 to 7 days before you do much driving or sewing. Make sure that you bend your knee occasionally. It can lock up on you if you don't. My dr has me take 2 weeks off of work, which is why I have to wait for after tax season (I work in an accountants office) I was sent to therapy for a month or so after each of the surgeries and will be sent for therapy again this time. It is better to take your pain meds and actually bend you knee as far as you can than to not take them and not bend your knee cause it hurts too much to bend.
You will do fine. I just can't believe that I have to have the same knee have surgery twice in one year!!!