View Single Post
Old 02-12-2011, 06:36 AM
mpeters1200

I am so tempted with these. I made matching D9P's for my son's teachers who were both expecting babies this year. He's 9 and has some special needs and has never asked me to make anything for anyone before. I crocheted some afghans for all the teachers at the school having babies. But with both his regular teacher and special ed teacher expecting, at different times, he wanted them to have something special. I happily agreed.

I name my sewing machine, but I have never named quilts before. I'll post pictures of them when they are finished. I'm quilting the boy one this afternoon. The girl one is pink, green and gold. The boy one is dark blue, periwinkle and gold. I'd like to name them both from the sugar and spice poem, but I can't remember anything besides snails and puppy dog tails for the boy part.

Do any of you all remember it? I was thinking of naming the girl quilt "and everything nice" and the boy quilt "puppy dog tails", but I can't remember if there's a better line in the poem or not.

Thank you!