Thread: How Much ?
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2011, 08:37 AM
carolaug

This penny pincher has no 0 balance on credit cards, paid off morgage and no car loans...I love being thirfty...I can spend more on other quality items (such as LQS material/sewing machine and travel//I buy quality but look for the best deals and don't buy things I do not need (mostly...LOL)...and love having NO debt...; ) My wedding cost $50.00 I did not want my parents to be in debt over a simple cermony...been married for 29 years and saved the money that would have been spent in a day for a house down payment. So many people I know divorce over money issues...that is one fight we have never had. ; ) and yes...I do spend alot on large purchases...but do not spend alot money on the little stuff that adds up such as clothes. (I wait for the sales) : ) Now if I only could teach my grown kids the same...LOL...
Originally Posted by smockingRN
Well, The seamstress can always sell for less... that is where the undervaluing of our work starts. We do save money by sewing for ourselves, but ordering a custom-sewn article is no way to save money! If the prospective buyer wants a low price, she should sew the pillowcases herself! It is not our job to make cheap stuff for penny pinchers! ;-)
Karen in La.