Old 02-12-2011, 10:00 AM
sewbizgirl
Power Poster

Originally Posted by beaniekins
Originally Posted by cabbagepatchkid
Congratulations on your "new" machine!!:-D. All it might need is a good oiling and lube, you'd be surprised how much difference it can make.

You can find out which model you have by looking up the serial number on this site:
http://www.singerco.com/support/serial_numbers.html

I can't be 100% sure but it may be a model 99.
I already looked it up there, but since the prefix starts with JB, all it would tell me is that it was made in 1936. I can't find what the model number is anywhere. Can anyone help me find that out?
The serial numbers starting with J seem to be the ones made in Canada. The records on the Singer site are not complete, by any means. They have the more detailed info on machines made in N.J. and Kilbowie, Scotland. So...you need visual identification, since there is no website info (and even that is sometimes wrong.)

I looked at your photo and can tell you it's one of the shuttle bobbin machines, most likely a 27, 28, or a 127 or 128 (the 3/4 size versions of the 27 and 28?) It is definitely not a 99... You might want to get online and search for those models, or even look at what's on Ebay, to get an idea of what you have. It looks like a really nice machine! Congrats!