Thread: Singer 99k
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2011, 12:43 PM
QuilterGary

Last Saturday (1/2 price day) DW and I was at one of our thrift stores that we visit. They had a Singer 99 in the display case for sale they were asking $100 for it or 1/2 price $50. It did not have a case and I sure don't need it. So I did not buy it but kicked myself all week for not buying it. Knowing I had to work next Sat. and would not be able to go see if it was still there. OK I am at work and call my DW and ask her to go to the thrift store and see if it is still there. Getting her to go to the thrift store was no problem. She called me and said it was still there and did I want her to get it. She gave me the serial number and it was made in Elizabeth, NJ in 1956/1957. I looked on ebay found that it was a good price not a great price for not knowing how it will work but we now own a 99. I am at work can't wait to get home and see how it will work. I now have a FW, a 99 and my new Pfaff got to get some quilts made. Does the 99k sew allright or does anyone use a 99k? Anyone know where I can get a case? Still looking for a 301.