Old 02-12-2011, 01:04 PM
Wunder-Mar

I am finishing a quilt block swap ... from December ... which is effectively a swap with myself since I missed the deadline - my daughter called on the way to the hospital (in labor with Baby #3) just as I was finishing the last group of 5 blocks. OF COURSE there was NO time to mail these out to the swap coordinator so we just dropped it and jumped in the car. OF COURSE I was finishing it up with 30 minutes to go until the PO closed. OF COURSE I was in a rush to finish them and I made a math error in planning and ended up with twice as many blocks as planned on. OF COURSE the one time I had delusions of swapping out and getting LOTS of blocks for a real scrap quilt it didn't work out. But it'll be a nice small-ish wall hanging or ... something.

Our swap was batiks onlyonlyonly - a 6x6 finished center unit (any block pattern, any technique) with 1 1/2" strips sewn to only two of the sides (making it a finished block of 6 x 7), so that when they're pieced together two sides have a built-in border.