View Single Post
Old 01-04-2009, 11:29 AM
Kat Lorien

Thankyou my new freinds, I am getting a picture of how to proceed. I presumed the hoop was to keep the fabric tight, while I stabbed the needle up and down through the work. Now I know better and it sounds much more relaxing to hold the work on my lap and use running stitches. Am I right in thinking the stitches on the reverse are going to be a lot smaller than the ones on the front?
The only hand quilted peice I have been able to handle, the stitches on the back were almost like little pin points. Quilt shows seem to be rare in England and the ones I have been to, the quilts were hung up and you werent allowed to touch them.
Also, another question, when I baste the layers, should I start at the middle and stitch the lines of basting out from the centre? Am I trying to get a grid pattern, or like the rays of the sun? Sorry, so many questions, but I havent a clue! I am also a very visual person and I am delighted to have the u-tube link, I will check that put now. Again thankyou for your patience and your advice.