View Single Post
Old 02-12-2011, 04:56 PM
seamstome

Thanks fidgety, just a little better. Yes, I promised this one out too....but for a good cause that you will all empathize with.

Our county historical society is doing a quilted barns campaign (think Shipshewanna wannabe) to save some of our historic barns and the tradition of quilting. They have a great antique quilt show and have really fostered quilting in this area.

My professional women's group has decided to have a fundraiser highlighting this cause since the president of our group who was an avid quilter passed away suddenly about a month ago. She was 61.

As a tribute to her, part of the funds will go to the quilted barn campaign and the other part will go in an endowment fund in her name for scholarships reserved for women over the age of 25 to return to college.

I could not say no. Barns, Americana, quilting and scholarships for needy women all in one place!!!! The only other thing they could have added was a puppy dog. But they were still sneaky and had one of my bridge friends make sure I made the meeting, knowing I would volunteer. She actually winked at me in the meeting when I said Ill get you a quilt made!

Just print sucker on my forehead.