View Single Post
Old 02-12-2011, 10:15 PM
jpthequilter

Originally Posted by glenda5253
Originally Posted by mtnmama
I am really glad everybody found products to clean up overspray. I once had a really stupid idea to use a batting that you used steam to attach to the fabric. I was sandwiching a flannel quilt and thought it was thick enough and I would be fine on my dining room table. NOT! Every place where I hovered with my steam iron left a white spot on my dark pine table. I said a few really ugly works, shed a few tears and bought a table cloth. I screwed up, move on.
I know how you feel. I did the very same thing and I had even put towels down to protect the table. The white is there forever sadly. :cry:
not forever! try the mineral oil and fine steel wool very lightly -can't hurt, then apply whatever surface finish you already have on your dark pine table,
If you are down to wood, and it is lighter in color, use crayons carefully to match, and wax it.
If it is varnished, try carefully the steel wool and mineral oil, wipe it off well then put on clear nailpolish on spots that are about dime sized... (it will come off with remover if you don't like it.)
If you have very large areas, investigate using "French polish" on the internet or ask HOW TO ....? on google.