Old 02-12-2011, 11:30 PM
LovinMySoldier

As I have been searching the board and the internet I have found that about 98% of cathedral windows background are all made with some sort of shade of white. While I do love the white I was thinking that I wanted to go with a different color. I would like to make this for my bed.

I do have 2 dogs. No they are not allowed on the bed. But ya never know what might happen. I also have a four year old little boy. And while he does NOT sleep with us he is in our room quite a bit and under foot. And we would like to add to our family one day. I would hate to spend all the money and time on this only to end up with stains or anything else on it.

So I just don't think that white would be the best choice for us lol. I am toying with the idea of a brown batik. I am also thinking about using several different shades of brown. Or maybe another color all together. So has anyone done a cathedral window with more than one color for the background colors? You think it would look ok or should I stick with just one color. And if I did more than one color should I have the shades just randomly placed or should there be a pattern to it all. Maybe fading from dark to light or something. Any suggestions would be appreciated!
Thanks! Kaci:)