Thread: What's next?
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2009, 12:14 AM
GailG

Originally Posted by blahel
Well i had planned on making mum a lap quilt for when she is in her wheelchair but life has its ups and downs and unfortunately mum passed away before i could even start making it. i already have the fabrics which i had specially selected for her and now i just look at them and stroke them and think of mum.
But life goes on and because i am a newbie to quilting I take forever to make anything.I still enjoy the challenges that quilting brings and am looking forward to trying progressively more difficult projects.
I have just started making my 16 year old son a drunkards path quilt in black and white but dont hold your breath as it could be years before it is completed! :roll:
I think i will make the cats a blanket each as well this year as they are definitely achievable for me! My other thought is to make my dad a quilt but want to make him something really special so will have to put my thinking cap on...
I am sorry to hear of your Mom's passing. Take that fabric that you were going to use for her quilt and make one for yourself. Everytime you snuggle under it will be hugs from her.