Old 01-05-2009, 05:19 AM
Celeste

Originally Posted by mpeters1200
Today was the last day for Winter Break. I think the kids knew it too as they fought from the moment they got up until about 2 seconds ago when I broke up the last one. Sometimes I could just throw up my hands. They were just all equally horrible today. I have the same motto my mom did though. Tomorrow is a new day, completely different than the one left behind, and the one to come. She erased my slate when I went to sleep every night. And I was NO angel!!
Aren't your kids your parents revenge?

I LOVE that you are documenting this! It will mean a lot to your grandma, but like Sandpat said, this will be great for others down the road. To me it would bring a real person to life that I have a hard time imagining otherwise. I think that's why a lot of us quilters like those Jennifer Chiaviarni (sp?) books. It really brings a quilt to life.

I did not appreciate the homemade things my Dad's Mom made for us in the sense of realizing what effort went into it. I loved them because she made them, but it would bring her back to imagine the steps she took, what kinds of things interrupted her, etc.