View Single Post
Old 02-13-2011, 06:49 AM
Sashing-Sarah709

Originally Posted by k9dancer
Just a suggestion....make a small version of your quilt rather than jump into a king size as your first project. I have seen many beginners lose their confidence when tackling a large quilt so early on.
I've thought about your suggestion and I think your right. I'm going to make the quilt by the directions so I can see how that goes before I make changes. As you mentioned--it can be a deal breaker if you start a too advanced project when your a beginner. I started a crazy quilt two and half years ago and it's only 2/3 done. I found the instruction online and they touted just how fast and easy it was to make one. Wrong!!! Gerrrr.... The instructions assumed people using the pattern would already know all kinds of things from adding the quarter of an inch seam allowance and other things only an experience quilter would know. Gaw!!! I’ll finish it someday but right now I’m sick of working on it. :roll:

Well thanks for your suggestions and thoughts. Nothing like listening to the voice of experience! :-D

Sashing-Sarah709