View Single Post
Old 02-13-2011, 07:26 AM
Lv2sew2011

Originally Posted by Izaquilter
Originally Posted by stitchinwitch
Non handicapped people taking the handicapped parking places. That is just plain RUDE and inconsiderate.
NOT TO BE RUDE but people 'ASSUMING that you AREN'T handicapped while parking in the handicapped spot. I look normal, I walk normal, I speak normal BUT my breathing is NOT normal. I get "the' looks when I'm getting out of my car & when I get my oxygen & once I put my oxygen on they quit staring at me. I got pneumonia & it wrapped itself around my lungs. Now I can't walk fifty feet without getting winded. By the time I'm done in a grocery store, I'm all but inside that cart trying to get my groceries in my car. (I still use the push cart) I don't think any of us want to be handicapped & didn't ask to be handicapped. It sure makes life harder not being able to do everything for yourself like you use to. I was perfectly healthy until I had pneumonia. It sure has changed the way I look at people in Wal Mart riding them carts 'that don't look like they are handicapped"
I agree with you 100%, yesterday when we went to Afair of the Hearts Craft show, my back was hurting me so bad from all that walking. Sometimes my husband will say get one of those scooters and I say no, I don't want people staring at me because they can't see whats wrong with me...LOL