View Single Post
Old 02-13-2011, 07:44 AM
ckcowl
Power Poster

yup...tis the season of the winter blues...i think this is the hardest beginning of a new year i've gone through in about 25 years and it is definitly a tough one...i have forced my self to get back in the sewing room and that is helping, i am starting to see (productivity) again. and i went to a museum on saturday and had the biggest surprise...the exhibit i did not know was there just...touched my soul...i am still---wowed,emotional about it and am feeling like maybe i can make ... something better, even if i have no control over all the crap orbiting my world...i actually started pulling myself out of the funk a little bit with about a 36 hour period of 'ZENTANGLES' just sat and doodled, then i went into the sewing room to organize ufo's...and chose one i thought i was close to having done and i like it...and went to town getting it done...not quite done yet, but hopeful for this week, and just 'hopeful' again...i force myself off the computer, i set a timer when i turn it on for 45 minutes- my timer has a 1 minuter 'warning' beep when that beep happens i have 1 minute to finish what i'm doing and power down...then i have to get up and go to the other room to shut the timer off...and it will drive you crazy-you have no choice. then i go find something else to do with myself. it works for me, especially when i've been in a funk...just some forced structure helps get me going again.